Most healthy eaters panic a little when the words ‘white chocolate’ pop up – mainly because everyone knows how moreish the stuff is, but how packed full of sugar and fat even a small bar contains.
So how can you enjoy white chocolate without piling on the pounds?
Mix it with Hognuts!
This recipe requires only a small amount of white chocolate, and is instead filled out with rice puffs and Hognuts Birthday Cake peanut butter, so you get the creaminess and sweetness of the white chocolate using only a quarter of the stuff! (Adapted from Delicious Duo)
Ingredients to make 4 large bars:
- 150g Rice puffs (regular rice crispies would also work)
- 100g Hognuts Birthday Cake Peanut Butter
- 15g Coconut oil
- 4 Large Sugar Free Marshmallows
- 150g Sugar Free White Chocolate
- Toppings of choice- I used sprinkles and mini marshmallows
- In the microwave, melt together the coconut oil and peanut butter (it will only need about 30 seconds)
- Cut the marshmallows then stir them through the coconut oil and peanut butter
- Pop it in the microwave for a few seconds till melted, keep an eye on the mixture stirring regularly (this will depend on the strength of your microwave)
- Add the puffs to a mixing bowl and stir through the peanut butter mixture
- Press down into a non-stick tin and pop in the fridge for an hour
- Remove, cover in melted white chocolate, add your sprinkles then pop back in the fridge to set
- Slice up and devour