This glorious recipe comes from FitFoodEmma and incorporates all our protein-packed favourites – egg whites, protein powder, flaxeed and Hognuts Birthday Cake. You’ve even got your veggies in there with the grated courgette, making these super filling, denser than your typical pancake, yet still extra fluffy!
Add sprinkles for that divine ‘birthday cake’ experience 😉
Ingredients (serves 2):
80g grated courgette
4 tbsp (30g) oat flour
1 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp milk of your choice
2 egg whites
1 scoop unflavoured or vanilla protein powder/1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp Hognuts Birthday Cake nut butter
1 – 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Add the courgette and egg white to a mug or bowl and gently whisk together with a fork.
- Melt the Birthday Cake butter in the microwave on high for 1 minute or until it dribbles off the spoon.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients, then the milk.
- Grease a frying pan with coconut oil and spoon the batter into the pan.
- Fry on a medium heat until the batter starts to bubble, then flip and cook for a further 90 seconds.
- Serve with Greek yogurt and tonnes of sprinkles 🙂