Yes we said it, but no there is NO Nutella in this recipe – although it does taste a hell of a lot like the good stuff so who’s complaining? Made with our fabulous Mint Cashew & Almond Butter and raw cacao powder these protein bites are super chocolatey – ideal for all chocolate and health lovers! (Adapted from Hognuts Ambassadors, Delicious Duo).
- 1/4 cup Hognuts Waffa Thin Mint Cashew & Almond Butter
- 3 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 5 tbsp Baking Sugar
- 150g Coconut Flour
- 2 Liquid Egg Whites
- 75g Greek Yoghurt
- 2 tsp Liquid Sweetener
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Splash of Almond Milk
- 50g Chopped Hazelnuts
- 4-5 squares 80% Dark Chocolate melted
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment
- In a bowl, combine the whey, cacao powder, natvia baking sugar, coconut flour and baking powder
- In a food processor, combine all of the wet ingredients including the nut butter and excluding the almond milk.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet batter and continue to combine until you get a smooth mixture
- If necessary, add a splash of almond milk if you think the mixture is too thick
- Pour into the baking tray and cook in the oven for 20/25 minutes
- Take the tray bake out of the oven, sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and decorate with the melted chocolate
- Leave to cool, cut into squares & enjoy!