If you’ve ever tried Reese’s peanut butter cups and think they’re great but would taste even better with a subtle hint of caramel, then this Millionaire’s Shortbread peanut butter cup recipe is what you’ve been waiting for.
Whilst your typical Reese’s has loads of sugar and saturated fat, this recipe is rich in protein and can be eaten for breakfast or as a tasty snack thanks to the filling oats, almonds and – of course – delicious Hognuts peanut butter. (Adapted from Hognuts Ambassadors, Delicious Duo).
- 80g Almonds
- 150g Gluten Free Oats
- 1 scoop Whey Powder
- 1 tbsp Salted Caramel Syrup
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 scoops Chocolate Whey
- 100g Raw Cacao Powder
- 100ml Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- First things first, lets crack on with the ‘biscuit’ base! Combine the almonds, oats, syrup, whey, almond milk and coconut oil in a blender. Pop the mixture into cupcake cases and leave to set in the fridge for about 15 minutes
- Once the bases have had a chance to set, take them out of the fridge and pop 1 tbsp of the Hognuts Millionaires Shortbread Peanut Butter into the middle 🙂 Put them back into the fridge to set once again
- Now it’s time to make the chocolate topping! In a pan melt the coconut oil, then take off the heat and add the protein powder, raw cacao powder and syrup. Whisk together, then cover the peanut butter so you can’t see it.
- Pop the peanut butter cups into the fridge and leave to set for another 15 minutes, then take out and tuck in!